Tuesday, April 5, 2011

U is for Bird



The Cinematic Alphabet list suggested by the great Rupert Pupkin seemed like a fun idea, but I decided to make it real difficult by doing it giallo-style and only using those films I have in my collection (with one notable exception). Luckily, most gialli have multiple titles to choose from, thus Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key gets placed under the letter G for one of its alternate titles, Gently Before She Dies. Also, when necessary, I used the Italian language titles to cheat some letters, for example The Bird with the Crystal Plumage comes listed under U (bird = uccello). The only blatant cheat was for the film Bassi Istinti aka The Black Glove which is an X-rated giallo (with Rocco!) that I filed under X for the obvious reason. Sadly, that's the only film in the list I don't own. Hope you enjoy...


A
Amsterdamned

B
A Black Veil for Lisa

C
Carnal Violence

D
Death Walks on High Heels

E
Embalmer

F
The Fifth Cord

G
Vicios Prohibidos aka
Gently Before She Dies

H
The House of the Yellow Carpet

I
L'Iguana dalla lingua di Fuoco
(The Iguana with the Tongue of Fire)

J
Jack's Back

H
The Killer Reserved Nine Seats

L
A Lizard in a Woman's Skin

M
Mio Caro Assassino
(My Dear Killer)

N
The New York Ripper

O
One on Top of the Other

P
The Pyjama Girl Case

Q
Quattro mosche di velluto grigio
(Four Flies on Grey Velvet)

R
Red Rings of Fear

S
So Sweet, So Dead

T
Tenebrae

U
L'Uccello dalle piume di cristallo
(The Bird with the Crystal Plumage)

V
A Venezia un Dicembre Rosso Shocking
(In Venice...a Red December) aka
Don't Look now

W
What Have You Done to Solange?

X
The Black Glove (X-rated)

Y
The Young, the Evil and the Savage

Z
The Zodiac Killer

No comments:

Post a Comment